Squirrels is the newest section to be added to the Scout Association. In GLSW we plan to have at least 10 dreys. 10 dreys form a cohort of squirrels.
The Squirrels programme is designed to be:
- an age-appropriate programme,
- that meets the Theory of Change,
- and is respected by Early Years practitioners,
- without compromising our Scout values,
- which encourages community and home learning,
- and works in areas of deprivation and for diverse ethnic communities
Every week, Squirrels will gather to grow and learn their way through lots of different games and activities
Squirrels will achieve anything they set their minds to, and have lots of fun along the way.
The one hour sessions will be a brilliant opportunity for young peoples’ first step into Scouting and preparing them for school years.
Outdoors activities, fun, games, badges and so much more, Squirrels is the opportunity for young people to learn skills for life. Supported by amazing leaders delivering an inspiring programme.