A Million Hands
Know All About It? Are You In or are You Out?
Check out the latest detail here
Why take part in A Million Hands?
• 87% of young people say Scouting should provide Community Impact project opportunities
• Follow the projects and achieve the Community Impact Staged Activity Badges.
• Fulfil requirements for the World Challenge Awards, Chief Scout’s, Queen’s Scout and Duke of Edinburgh Awards, as well as a raft of other Activity Badges.
• Hundreds of section activities available in downloadable Resource Packs launching week commencing 20 July
• Access to request national partner local speakers
And what about Scout Community Week?
Scout Community Week runs Saturday 3 to Sunday 11 October and is a starter gun for A Million Hands. Young people can:
1. Pick their issue: Use resource pack activities to pick an issue they wish to take action on during their regular programme night.
2. Identify Need: Picked your issue already? Use the resource pack activities to help explore the issue and invite a national partner local speaker to a regular programme night.
3. Plan or Take Action: Explored their chosen issue? Plan or actually take action during Scout Community Week.
What should a Section Leader put in their 2015/16 Programme?
Volunteers will know best how to plan their 2015/16 programme, but use this suggested timeline to make A Million Hands a real success in their Group or section. A Million Hands follows five clear stages, exactly the same as the Community Impact Staged Activity Badges. These activities will be available in resource packs in late July.